Stephanie Johnston - Barnabas Fund
Barnabas Fund works to provide hope and aid for the persecuted Church, from Christians, to Christians, through Christians.
Stephanie Johnston is the CEO for Barnabas Fund New Zealand. Stephanie moved to NZ to work with Barnabas Fund in 2011. Part of her role is to travel throughout NZ raising awareness for the work that Barnabas Fund is doing to bring hope and aid to the persecuted church. She is passionate about sharing how the church in the West can be engaged in this cause by giving practical information on how the church can come along side our suffering brother and sisters. Stephanie is originally from the United States where she was a Youth Pastor for over 15 years. She has worked for Youth for Christ, various churches, with her last position being with The Falls Church Anglican in Arlington, Virginia as the Youth Director. With Barnabas Fund, Stephanie has traveled to Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Africa, and various other countries where she visited the people and the projects that Barnabas Fund is a part of. She has a heart for the persecuted church and for people to not only to be conscious of the world around them but also how we can come along side our extended church family in their needs and troubles.
Stephanie's idea for an ultimate ice-cream flavour
Peanut Butter Cup!!! (tiptop)
- Pray for Christians recovering from violent attacks, that the Lord will bless them in their new beginnings and keep them safe. Praise God for those who endure injustice and imprisonment, and ask Him to strengthen them and their families.
- Pray for the children of persecuted Christian families that the Lord will protect and comfort them. Pray that children will be enabled to break free from the cycle of poverty and illiteracy and grow up to be strong in their faith.
- Lift up in prayer all Christian refugees and those displaced within their own country, that God will be their refuge and a strong tower. Ask Him to watch over all dispossessed Christians, that they will know His comfort and peace and be assured by Him of their heavenly homeland.
- Give thanks to God for pastors, church-planters and evangelists serving despite persecution. Ask the Holy Spirit to equip, empower and protect them for ministry and provide for their practical needs. Pray for fruitful ministries, with lives transformed by the Gospel of Christ and churches strengthened to face persecution.
- Lift up Christian women and girls living in contexts of marginalisation and persecution. Pray that God will provide for, comfort and protect these women and their children from harm because of their faith and their gender.
- Give thanks to the Lord for new converts who willingly take up their cross to follow Jesus (Luke 14:27), enduring loss and suffering for His sake. Pray that God will strengthen, encourage, comfort and protect them in their faith as they grow in their knowledge and love of God.
- Thank God for the assurance of eternal life for all who believe in Jesus. Praise Him for the perseverance of believers who did not cling to life in the face of death (Revelation 12:11). Ask that their sacrifice will embolden others to endure and demonstrate the power of Gospel truth to their killers. Pray that the Lord will comfort those left behind and give them His peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).