Scott Mackay - TSCF
Reaching students for Christ, changing students for life.
After graduating from Massey University with a degree in Engineering, I trained as a ministry apprentice at St John’s Latimer Square (now Latimer Church) and the Christian Union at the University of Canterbury. Most of my early experience of gospel ministry was in a student university context. After studying at Moore Theological College (Sydney), I had the privilege of working as an assistant pastor for 5 ½ years at Cornerstone. I’ve been the Team Leader for TSCF at Massey in Palmerston North for just over a year. I’m convinced that effective student ministry depends on a strong connection with the local church. I see student ministry as an important bridge, and training ground, within the overall work that God is doing in building the church through the proclamation of the gospel.
Scott's ultimate ice-cream flavour
Goodie Goodie Gumdrops is the best. I don’t think I could improve on that (invented in New Zealand too!).
- Praise God for the two ‘Grill a Christian’ events in the residential halls, and the non-Christian students who attended and engaged in discussion. Pray for ongoing conversations to bring gospel fruit.
- Pray for the new student leadership team of Christian Fellowship and Overseas Christian Fellowship, who start in early September. Pray for a unity of purpose around reaching the campus with the gospel of Jesus.
- Pray that students would be trained in knowing and sharing their faith, and equipped for a lifetime of serving the church.
- Pray for more workers for the harvest at Massey University Manawatū, and for one Masters Student who is considering a ministry apprenticeship in 2021.
- Pray that Scott will continue in the faith, and be build up and strengthened, with a growing knowledge of Christ, the Scriptures and God’s will for him.
- Pray for Scott and his family (Scott, Jess, Adele, Bethan, Mary and Huw), that they will stay close to each other in what can be a demanding and chaotic ministry environment, and that their children will grow to appreciate the privilege of belonging to Jesus and being involved in Christian ministry
- Pray for Scott and Jess’ church, Christ Sanctuary, in Palmerston North, that it will be a light for the gospel and a generous and welcoming Christian community so that the lost will find hope in Christ there.