Geoff Macpherson - Multiply
Multiply exists to identify, enable, and unleash missional leaders to evangelise churches into existence across denominations, throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
Geoff Macpherson is the youngest of eight siblings and grew up on a Gisborne sheep farm. After he came to faith at eighteen, Geoff felt strongly that God was calling him into pastoral ministry. After seeking advice from others, he moved up to study classics at Auckland University before pastoral ministry training at Grace Theological College and Birmingham Theological Seminary.
Geoff’s first church was Grace Presbyterian Church in Christchurch, where he and his wife Marie served for ten-years. They enjoyed the ethnically diverse flavour of the ministry, and during that time the church helped settle refugees and migrants and established a student ministry.
In 2007 the Macpherson family (two boys now being added) moved to Gisborne to plant the Grace Church (Te Whare Atawhai) there. This began with a handful of very elderly Christians.
After adding another son, the Macphersons were asked to move to Auckland where Geoff became pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church and principal at Grace Theological College. Sensing that God has been moving him into a role of helping churches to collaborate, since October 2019 Geoff now serves in a dual role of principal at Grace Theological College and general manager of Multiply Network.
Geoff's idea for an ultimate ice-cream flavour
- Pray that NZ churches would be stirred up to pray for labourers to go into the gospel harvest field.
- Pray that God would replace timidity with gospel confidence in the lives of Christians to plant churches and train apprentices.
- Pray that we thank God for an increase in faithful, Jesus-exalting churches around NZ.
- Pray that Multiply would connect with more churches it can with them to train up the next generation of gospel workers.
- Pray that God would place it on the hearts of church leaders and mature Christians that training and equipping newer Christians is a vital role that they can play.
- Pray that our Challenge Day and Advance Conference would be a source of encouragement despite the last minute scramble to readjust to the Covid restrictions. Pray that Geoff would be given wisdom so that he can serve the NZ churches well.